5/16/2012

The Bros.Gauths



EQ is kind of like a family, all be it a slightly dysfunctional family. A big part of our family is our man Ian Gauthier. If you live around here and you skate or snowboard you probably know who the Goats is. He managed the EQ park (RIP), hosted contests for both skate and snowboard, built tons of spots in the area, shreds on a skate (and a snowboard), and is just generally one of the best dudes you could know.

So this makes his younger brother Nick part of our extended family. Nick is like our hyper little brother who we pick on constantly, but he is always around. Nick is a bit of a clown, but he is quick with his wit and can give verbal abuse as hard as he can take it. Nick and I are always dissing each other, if you didn't know us you would think we hate each other. If you do know us, then you know that we do hate each other. But it is the kind of hate that is fun, and underneath the verbal jousting there is a mutual respect. In fact, I am secretly jealous of Nick. Not because he is a better skater than me, but because by sheer luck he got to be Ian's brother. So I asked him, what are the best and worst things about being Ian's lil' bro.

top 5 best things

1. skateboarding
2. fishing
3. he is really good at having bad ideas for games
4. everyone likes him so much they kinda have to like me a lil'
5. he knows what is up



top 5 worst things

1. he skates for EQ
2. he can't skate this summer
3. he is good at convincing me to play games that he always wins,
like match fights when he is the only one with matches
4. he fucks with me
5. he got an entire skatepark to make fun of me because I pushed mongo.



Even if Nick is only half as handsome, talented and smart as Ian, I know the future is still going to be bright for him. You can find him slanging gear at WEST 49, finishing 2nd at high ollie contests,wearing sweatpants, reppin Connect Skateboards, and rocking a speedo at Calypso waterpark.




No comments:

Post a Comment